Follow bigbadsgirl on Twitter

background

Thursday, June 23, 2016

My son loved tonight's dinner so much, I thought I'd share. In the Midwest, we have a recipe for something called porcupine meatballs. It's a meatball with rice in it, that's cooked in a tomato based sauce. What I did tonight, was make a pan of basically deconstructed porcupine meatballs. I had a lot of leftover meatloaf. I made plain white rice. I reheated and browned the meatloaf while breaking it up into bites. I added a can of petite diced tomatoes with green chiles, and heated them together. I then added a jar of spaghetti sauce. I then added scoops of white rice, mixing in as I went, until most of the liquid was absorbed. Didn't want it runny. I added a couple packets of parmesan cheese leftover from the last time I ordered takeout pizza. My son dearly loved it and had second helpings. I used up a leftover (meatloaf) and added pantry items on hand. Rice really stretched the meal, is cheap, and very filling. Tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment